Launched in 1863 by two Bordeaux residents – Aurélien de Grangeneuve and William Papin – the village of Moulleau was entirely designed by Louis Garros, a famous Bordeaux architect who drew up the town plan and built the Notre Dame des Passes church. From the start, Le Moulleau was designed, not as a classic subdivision, but as a real district, whose family-friendly spirit wanted by the creators still lives on and to which the inhabitants always remain very attached.
Many personalities stayed at the Moulleau at the beginning of the 20th century. We will notably remember the famous Italian author Gabriele d’Annunzio, who moved to Moulleau in 1910. Residing first in the Villa Saint-Dominique, he then moved into the Villa Caritas.